We Stand United – OYE!
Updated: Apr 20, 2020
The Coronavirus pandemic has affected all of our lives and even scared us to a great extent. The government is doing the best it can to protect us, but it’s also our responsibility to help those dependent on us.
Taking this into consideration, we at OYE! Rickshaw are taking all the required steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, our driver partners, and our riders.
Driver Partners - Financial support is the need of the hour for our Driver Partners, therefore we have partnered with Bhumi (NGO) and Goodera to start a Relief Fund. This fund will be used to cover all immediate necessities for the driver partners and their families.
- This fund is used to give groceries and other basic amenities to our driver partner which will help them financially in this time of need.
- We are regularly providing information to our Driver Partners on government schemes and facilities which are suitable for them at this trying time. We are also becoming facilitators for the same.
- We are reaching out to Vehicle Owners and Bankers to postpone rental payments/EMIs.
- All driver partners have been given masks and sanitizers for their safety at home. We are also implementing plans to make sure all our Driver Partners wear masks and their vehicles are fully sanitized once we resume our services.
- A new earning opportunity is provided to our OYE Driver Partners. They are delivering essential items now.
- We are keeping our riders informed about new initiatives announced by OYE and the Govt. of India.
- We are getting inputs from our riders on how OYE can serve them better and how we can improve our services once we come out of the lockdown.
- We have implemented plans to ensure a safe ride for our customers once the lockdown is lifted.
Introducing OYE! Safe Ride
We at OYE are taking all possible measures to make sure that you travel safely with us.
Social Distancing: Transparent screens will be installed between riders and drivers for hygiene by creating barriers and promoting social distancing.
Vehicle Sanitisation: Rickshaw interiors will be professionally cleaned with disinfectants every week.
Vehicle Safety Kit: This kit will be given to every driver which will include gloves, masks, disinfectant spray cloths and hand sanitisers for regular cleaning.
Self Hygiene: Hand Sanitisers will be installed in each vehicle for our riders.
Temperature Check Guns: Our ground executives would be personally taking a temperature check of the drivers to ensure they are healthy and fit to drive.
Driver Hygiene Score: Riders would be able to see a hygiene score of the drivers and the vehicles so that safety is assured.
Sharing advice to stay healthy
While we are implementing these measures, we’re reminding everyone who uses OYE to follow advice from public health authorities. If you’re sick, stay home and away from others, wash your hands frequently, and cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
You can follow these guidelines provided by WHO to keep yourselves safe
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
Cough into your elbow and cover your mouth with a cloth if sneezing.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care ASAP.
Central Helpline Number for Coronavirus - +91-11-23978046
For Delhi - 011-22307145
For UP – 18001805145
You can also visit https://www.mohfw.gov.in/coronvavirushelplinenumber.pdf for state-specific phone numbers.